Field of Lavender

Field of Lavender

Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 10, 2009 Snow

It was a terrible commute this morning to work. The major highways - like Rt. 224 and Rt. 165 were snow covered. The road crews were out but they could not keep up with the snow falling down. I got stuck a few times on Rt. 165 but managed to get to work a few minutes late, although I left earlier for work.

The library was not busy at all - most normal people stayed home. In fact, the local new reporters told everyone, if you did not have to go out - don't. Unfortunately, all of our libraries were open and the employees had to report to work.

At 5:30 p.m. it was dark - and the evening commute was just as bad. The roads were not any better - driving in the dark on snow-covered roads is dangerous. I thank God, I did not get stuck anywhere and got home safely. It took me 45 minutes to drive home.

Last weekend - I hit a deer on the way home from work - it caused $3500 to my car. I had to pay a $250 deductible.

No comments:

My Daughter -Drum Major for the Band

My Daughter -Drum Major for the Band
Fall, 2008

Sebring Library

Sebring Library